Adelphoi Village’s Vision Statement makes clear our commitment to provide the very best to everyone and anyone with whom we work. Staff training and professional development are critical to our collective competence as an agency. Through continuous training, we educate others and ourselves about the treatment of kids and families. The Adelphoi Village Training Program, provided through the efforts of fellow staff members, encourages individual and group growth, while helping our agency evolve through the process of setting and achieving goals.
The responsibility to implement training skills in our work belongs to all of us. In our role as team members, and in each job position, it is through these principles that each individual and team can greatly enhance the impact of Adelphoi Village on the lives of those we serve:
- Primary job training is a responsibility shared between the staff, supervisor, team members and the formal training program.
- The focus and direction of our staff training is based on the changing needs of the youth, families, and communities served. We educate ourselves on these needs, and respond to them.
- Self-evaluation is vital to the improvement of skills. Staff at Adelphoi Village openly give, seek, and accept feedback as a primary way of increasing our effectiveness.
- Adult CPR/AED/First Aid
- Aggression Replacement Therapy
- Choice Theory Group
- Contingency Contracting
- Court Testimony
- Driver Training
- Engaging Families in Treatment
- Fire Safety
- Health Screening/Medication
- Nutritional Screening
- Oral Medication
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Professional Ethics
- Reality Therapy/Choice Theory
- Progress Notes, Report Writing and Document of Treatment
- Safe Crisis Management
- Sanctuary Model
- Sexual Issues
- Situational Leadership
- Strength-Based Mental Health Diagnosis and Treatment
- Substance Abuse
- Understanding Sexual Harassment
- Victim and Community Awareness
- Violence, Hate and Crime in Youth Culture
- Working with Girls
Adelphoi also offers 400 online courses in numerous treatment, regulatory and professional development topics.
For more information on Adelphoi Village’s Training and Professional Development Program, please contact Marty Landolina at firstname.lastname@example.org.